Ceanothus 'Ray Hartman'
Mountain lilac, Wild lilac hybrid
An evergreen shrub that is a hybrid of Ceanothus arboreus and Ceanothus griseus. It grows up to twenty feet tall and wide. The blue flowers bloom winter through spring. This plant is great for hedges, screens, shrubs, or can be trained to grow into a small tree.
An easy California Native to grow in the Los Angeles area. For more recommendations visit our Easiest California Native Plants to grow in your garden guide.
- Plant in full sun to light shade
- Tolerant of heavy clay and sandy soil, needs good drainage
- Deep infrequent irrigation
- Water once a month after the first year
- Drought tolerant
- Attracts butterflies and birds
- Hardy up to 10 degrees
- Native to California