Organic Palla Rossa Radicchio Seeds - Chicorium intybus
Organic Palla Rossa Radicchio Seeds
A stunning variety from Italy. Adds great flavor and color to any salad, coleslaw, or baby greens mix. Also, great steamed or in stir-frys.
Known to cleanse the blood, this easy to grow vegetable thrives in containers or in the garden and quick to mature.
Cut primary head at the ground level and new one will grow. The secondary head is more colorful and sweet!
Holds well in the winter. Enjoy!
- Sun: Full
- Indoors: 6 weeks before last frost
- Direct Sow: After last frost
- Seed Count: 100
- Days to Maturity: 65-85
- Plant Size: 12"-18"
Recommended to add calcium when planting. Thrives in cool weather and can withstand light frost. Amend with compost and apply mulch at base.
If starting seeds indoors, it is key that your new starts be hardened off. This is a process that requires taking them outside during the day, for a period of time, before they are planted. This acclimates your seedlings to the outside world, meaning the elements like the wind and sun. We do it for several weeks to a month as this strengthens their stems and overall plant structure.
- Start for a short period of time initially, then graduate to more time each day
- One week minimum is recommended
- Bring them inside in the early evening and overnight
- Keep an eye on them and constantly water them. Make sure they have not blown over.