Organic Achillea millefolium Vintage Violet Yarrow
Sign up for restock notifications
Certified Organic Vintage Violet Yarrow
Achillea millefolium is a herbaceous perennial blooming in June through September and grows up to a foot and a half tall and wide. The flowers are a bright pink. An easy to grow rhizomatous plant. This can be grown as a lawn substitute and mowed occasionally.
Yarrow has deep roots that mine the subsoil for potassium, calcium, copper, phosphorus and magnesium, which makes this plant a nutrient rich mulch.
Known as herbal militaris, for its use in staunching the flow of blood from wounds. Native Americans had many uses for the plant, including pain relief, fever reduction, and blood issues of all kinds. You can also use this to calm and heal rashes, bug bites, bee stings, cuts, and burns.
You can dry the flowers and use them as confetti in batter.
- Plant in full sun, part shade or full shade
- Plants do well in sandy or clay soils and tolerate poor soils as long as drainage is good
- Max water once a week once established
- Great companion plant under evergreen oaks
- Drought tolerant
- Attracts butterflies, birds, and bees
- Easy to grow
- Native to Europe, Western Asia, and North America
About Rolling Hills Herbs: