A mild-flavored Japanese mustard that is commonly grown for commercial salad mixes. It has lobed green leaves and a pleasant bitter taste. It is slow to bolt in hot weather. Mizuna is a close relative to the turnip, but has a flavor all its own. Perfect in salads, pasta, risotto, soups, stir fry, grain salads and sautéing.
- In cooler weather plant in full sun, in hot weather plant in partial shade
- Plant in well draining soil or compost-rich fertile soil
- Plant eight to ten inches apart
- Can be grown in a container
- Grown in Los Angeles without pesticides