Dracaena fragans (cane, corn plant)
Thanks for signing up for restock notifications!
There was an error signing up for restock notifications. Please try again.
They make good houseplants because they are tall and narrow, with controlled growth, and can withstand a fairly significant amount of abuse from casual indoor gardeners.
- Botanical Name: Dracaena Fragrans
- Common Name: Corn plant, cornstalk dracaena, happy plant, false palm
- Plant Type: Broadleaf evergreen shrub/tree
- Mature Size: 45 feet or taller
- Sun Exposure: Filtered sun
- Soil Type: Loamy; rich potting soil for potted specimens
- Bloom Time: Year-round
- Flower Color: White-yellow; may be followed by red berries
- Hardiness Zones: 10 to 12 (USDA)
- Native Area: Tropical Africa
Toxic to cats and dogs, if eaten.